The vCalendar plugin provides groupware features for Claws Mail, namely:
- Receiving meeting invitations (displaying, answering, planning)
- Sending meeting invitations
- Publishing your calendar(s) and/or your free/busy status, in order to help
others plan meetings
- Subscribing to public calendars
- Retrieving the free/busy status of people, to help in planning meetings
- Reminding you of events in advance
The calendars and events are displayed in a list, in the same way that
Claws Mail displays your emails.
libcurl is required,
Here are a few screenshots illustrating the features:
- This is an invitation that has been sent to you. You can either accept
it or decline it.
- Here you are inviting three people to a meeting. Marc is not available
at this time, Thomas is available, and the third invitee didn't publish his free/busy
information. If you hover over Marc's warning icon, or the global warning icon,
you will see other times proposed, where everyone would be available.
- This shows vCalendar's preferences. You can choose to get reminders
before your events; you can publish your full calendar, either locally or online,
and publish your free/busy information. To get information from others, you can
specify '%u', which is replaced by the left-hand part of the invitee's email address,
and/or '%d' for the domain. Finally, after exporting your calendar or free/busy
status, you can ask Claws to run a command for you; for example, a little
script which would check if your PDA is plugged in and copy the data to it.
- This shows a public calendar from the internet, so that you can easily keep
up with what happens in your area, for example.
- This is the popup window that will prevent you from forgetting important